One of the world’s best-loved cities, Cape Town is our one-stop destination recommendation for a Christmas holiday with the kids. Family holidays in Cape Town are a breeze, with an endless range of things to do and see for every member of the crew.
Now that you’ve booked your accommodation in Cape Town, it’s time to start planning the fun – here is our shortlist of the best Cape Town kid’s activities to be had this summer:
- Between 17 and 20 December, the annual Cape Town Carols by Candlelight concert will be held at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, where children can join in classical renditions of Christmas carols, and mom and dad can sing along too.
- Winnie the Pooh will be wowing the crowds from 10 to 23 December at the Artscape Theatre in town, and Scooby Doo is ‘doo-ing’ Grand West from 11-13 December.
- Children can burn off some of that endless energy in the early evening Big Bay park run which takes places every Saturday at 08h00 at at Eden on Bay, Big Bay. Excitingly, the event is free for all! However, make sure to register before you run.
- Check out the Circus Family Christmas show at the SA National Circus grounds from 18 to 20 December. Located at The San Circus Observatory, the tickets are as follows: R110 (Adults) and R70 (Kids).
- Ratanga Junction, Century City, is the scene of Cape Town family fun in the extreme from 27 November this year, all the way through to 12 January 2016, while Bugz Play Park offers a tamer ride for children of all ages. The Full Adventurer Ticket (Over 1.3m) is currently priced at R181, while the Mini Adventurer Ticket (Below 1.3m) is priced at R95.
- Every child loves a trampoline – Bounce World in Montague offers energetic amusement every weekend of the holidays. Entry is priced at R60, and allows you all-day access. Alternatively, bounce it off daily at Rush in Claremont for those in the Southern Suburbs. Prices range from R75 to R240, depending on time spent, and age.
- Cute creatures are always a win with the kiddies – head to Butterfly world in Klapmuts, World of Birds in Hout Bay and Monkey Town in Somerset West for fun and learning.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to family entertainment in Cape Town; with beaches aplenty and restaurants for all ages, Cape Town offers it all in the name of family fun these holidays.